Photo Kavya is an annual competitive photo exhibition organized by Nepalphotography.org to promote young and upcoming photographers. With a sole aim to bring the unseen and unknown photographers to a week-long “gala photo exhibition” this is the second year Nepalphotography.org has set out to look for young and talented photographers.
The basic requisite of entering Photo Kavya is good visual storytelling. “Kavya” means poetry, or prose – so what we’re looking for is photos that contain a story. However, out of all the entrants, we select only 10 final photographers who will exhibit their works in the Photo Kavya exhibition. After undergoing couple of rounds of interviews and selection, we pick the final 10 photographers and their 50 photographs that will grace the walls of Photo Kavya.
Eligibity Rules and Criteria:
- Photo Kavya is free to enter by anybody possessing good photographs. However, after the selection, each exhibiting photographer will have to pay a non-refundable NRs. 6999/- as participation fee. Review meeting is free of charge.
- The photographers will be selected on the basis of the quality of work. Although we’re targeting fresh newcomers, any interested photographer is eligible to participate.
- By submitting their photographs to Photo Kavya, the photographer agrees to grant the permission to exhibit, archive and use the photograph in promotional materials or press articles.
- The photographers will be called for a second round of meeting based upon the samples of the photographs submitted by the participant. Each participant should explain about themselves and their work in about 500 words and should attest not less than 10 photographs along with their submission email, which should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once reviewed, the photographers and organisers will undergo another round of selection of photo and the exhibits will be finalized.
- The final selected photographs will be put up on display in a reputed art gallery, accompanied by opening and closing ceremony.
- Entry deadline is 15 February 2011.
- All decisions made by Nepalphotography.org are final, and all disputes shall be addressed by the organisners, Nepalphotography.org.
For more details and submission of your work, email us at: email@example.com