Thursday, September 13, 2007

photo.circle.special.edition @ the bakery café, sundhara

Devika by Anita Khemka
Puja by Anita Khemka
Kanika by Anita Khemka
Poonam by Anita Khemka
Sonam by Anita Khemka

Anita Khemka is in town and we simply do not want to pass up the opportunity to see her amazing work and meet her in person.

"I am a New Delhi based photographer. The pictures I take are rooted in my experience as an Indian woman. I have been documenting the lives of eunuchs, male sex workers, the mentally challenged, people living with HIV/AIDS. Why do I choose these subjects? Well, maybe it has something to do with the people I interact with and my own sensibility." - Anita Khemka

You can sample some of her work with UNICEF at International Women's Day - Maternal Mortality in India

Please join us for a special edition of photo.circle

this Saturday, September 15th
9am - 11am (yes we will be starting an hour earlier than usual - please be on time!)
@ The Bakery Cafe, Sundhara

see you all there :)

No comments:

 
2006 - 2009 © NEPALPHOTOGRAPHY.org [ a Gaurav Dhwaj Khadka project ]